Sunday, October 14, 2012

Journal 2: Not Your Typical Haunted House

                              http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/164221-paranormal/

The article, "Indie Horror Month: 'Paranormal'" by Nick Dinicola is about a video game called "Paranormal." In this game, the gamer is the only character, and their task is to find the ghost in the haunted house. Throughout the game, the house depicts events that go bump in the night. Random items in the house might pop out or explode in the first game, but in the next, nothing might pop out. It is completely unpredictable. In this article, the author also compares this game to the "Paranormal Activity" movies because no one really knows what to expect, and if they think they know what's coming, they're wrong. I have seen the first three "Paranormal Activity" movies and this game does sound a lot like the movies. In the movies, the main characters are filming what's going on in their haunted house and have no idea what to expect, this game is similar to that. Special effects in the game create an even scarier setting. The "camera" will shake creating the feeling that the gamer is out of control as to what happens, the "battery" on the camera will run out after a certain amount of time, forcing the character to sleep in the house so the "battery can charge." Even though this game isn't released yet, I can imagine many people anticipating getting this game because it is so close to Halloween.

















2 comments:

  1. I have seen the first and the second Paranormal Activity movies and this game sounds like it would give me nightmares! If I get the chance to test this game out I will probably take it! I am excited to see the new Paranormal Activity movie coming out or has it already? I am behind on my movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen all the Paranormal Activity movies and have even investigated some real haunted houses. This game seems like it would be so cool and if I get the chance I would play it for sure. I also think it must have been very hard to make this game seem so realistic making me want to test it out even more!

    ReplyDelete