Sunday, October 28, 2012

Journal 3: A Tail of "The Little Mermaid"

                                http://www.kidzworld.com/article/6145-classic-disney-fairy-tales

Of all the movies I've seen, one of them pops out at me as a favorite. "The Little Mermaid" has been my top pick for many reasons. First of all, it takes place under the sea. As a kid, I loved the water, and I loved swimming, but this movie has more to offer than just the setting. This movie is also full of catchy songs. When I was little, I enjoyed singing along to "Under the Sea" "Part of Your World," and "Kiss the Girl." I thought those were the best songs in the movie.

Besides the many sing-along-songs, I think one aspect that I respond to is the art design of "The Little Mermaid." The whole movie is full of many colors that portray the mystical world of Atlantica. The many fish, mermaids, and flowers are painted with the colors of the rainbow. Another part of the movie that I respond to is the plot. In this film, the plot is used to teach a lesson. What the audience should take away from this movie when watching it is to not take anything for granted. Ariel traded her voice and soul to Ursula for the chance to walk on land and meet Prince Eric. Later, she realized how difficult is was to get by without a voice, but found her way. I enjoy watching Disney movies because they typically have a message for the audience and happy endings. Ariel ended up getting her voice back and decided to live on land with Eric.

4 comments:

  1. Jenna, I also love this movie! The songs are so easy to get stuck in your head. I also do love the plot of the movie and think it makes a good point to teach us not to take anything for granted. Overall, I love the Disney movies for their animation and color choices it makes the stories so much more life like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Mermaid is a very positive movie with a great message for the audience. The songs in the movie are very catchy and they also have a special place in my heart. When I was 5 I performed a dance routine to a remix of Kiss the Girl and Under the Sea while dresses in a mermaid costume just like Aerial. This movie is also visually appealing because of the wonderful colors. This is a classical movie that I enjoy watching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little Mermaid is a great movie for little girls! I know when I was little I would dream of being a mermaid. The songs are very catchy and as kids im sure we would all sing them. The story in this movie is also very cute I agree with everything you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Little Mermaid was such a cute movie!!! I liked it a lot when I was little. I believe I had a barbie that was supposed to be Aerial.

    ReplyDelete