Sunday, November 4, 2012

Journal 4: The Red-Head is Back!

                  http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/165047-malibu-country-reba-returns/

In the article, "'Malibu Country': Reba McEntire Returns," the author, Leigh H. Edwards, describes Reba's new sitcom, "Malibu Country." This new show does parallel Reba's previous sitcom, "Reba," in some ways. They are both about a main character named Reba who is a mom with a sassy attitude and quick with a comeback, and has a quirky next-door neighbor and a constant nuisance to Reba. Some differences between this new show and her old one are in "Malibu Country," Reba is a country singer who hasn't had a record in twelve years and wants to get back in the business while her husband, Bobby, is a country super-star with a record deal. In "Reba," Reba is a single mom with three kids and a cheating husband who gets his mistress pregnant. She is constantly in the middle of both her family and her ex-husband's family. 

Ever since my grandma introduced it to me, "Reba" has been one of my all-time favorite comedy shows. It is a complete laugh-out-loud series that I can never get enough of. One of my favorite characters on "Reba" is Reba's ex-husband's pregnant mistress and next door neighbor, Barbara Jean. She is a quirky and goofy woman who calls Reba her best friend. She is one of the funniest characters on the show and a reason why I still watch the re-runs. I am pleased to hear that in Malibu Country, there is a character similar to Barbara Jean's. In the new series, the neighbor's name is Kim. There's no doubt that I would enjoy this new show. Even though the two shows are kind of similar, this new one offers some fresh new ideas, some of which from Reba McEntire's own life.

3 comments:

  1. As you know, we both read this article! I agreed with the author's opinion on the show, and I hope to see some new ideas on the show as well. I hope that it'll be funny like the original, because I, too, loved the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebas new show sound like it will be good! Iv seen a couple of her older show and I did like them even though I do not enjoy Rebas music.It will be interesting to see the differences between these two shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree that "Reba" is a hilarious show! I have only watched a few episodes, but I personally loved it!

    ReplyDelete